Each week, I write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• This is the time of year that early-season college hoop tournament brackets are revealed. The Battle 4 Atlantis is loaded as Florida tangles with Georgetown and UCLA meets Oklahoma in first-round action. Wisconsin and North Carolina are also in this stacked field.
• Michigan will face Oregon and Villanova battles VCU at the Legends Classic at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on November 24. The 2K Sports Classic at Madison Square Garden on November 20th has Texas vs. Iowa and Syracuse against California.
• I love the ESPN tip-off marathon. It runs November 17-18 this season, and there are a number of great match-ups. The top showdowns include Kansas-Kentucky, Duke-Michigan State, SMU-Gonzaga and Wichita State-Memphis.
• Former College of Charleston star and NBA veteran Anthony Johnson would be a good candidate to become head coach at his alma mater. Doug Wojcik was let go last week after allegations of verbal abuse.
• Kenny Kaminski, who was given a number of chances to redeem himself at Michigan State, was tossed off the Spartans basketball team as coach Tom Izzo finally had enough.