- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
31. Wichita State: Last season, Gregg Marshall's club won the NIT; he has bigger things in mind this season.
32. Villanova: Maalik Wayns should lead the 'Cats to a positive season for Jay Wright's squad.
33. New Mexico: Kendall Williams was an unsung diaper dandy last season; he will get more ink this time. Steve Alford has a legit contender in the Mountain West.
34. Florida State: I like the young talent to mesh down in Tallahassee. This may surprise a few people in ACC country.
36. Notre Dame: Even without Ben Hansbrough, I look for Mike Brey's team to be very competitive in the Big East.
37. Purdue: JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore are gone but Matt Painter is encouraged by the potential return of Robbie Hummel.
38. Temple: Fran Dunphy's team will challenge Xavier in the A-10 race.
39. St. John's: Steve Lavin has one of the youngest teams in America but there's lot of raw talent and potential.
40. Miami-Florida: The Hurricanes suffered a blow when Reggie Johnson was injured and he is not expected to be ready for the season. Jim Larranaga will infuse some life into the Hurricanes.
Dick Vitale reveals his preseason top 40, 10 picks at a time