- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Congratulations to Florida coach Billy Donovan on his 400th career coaching win. He has accomplished so much already on the collegiate sidelines and there is a lot more to come. Thad Matta also reached a milestone with his 300th win. Matta has won at least 20 games in every season as a head coach.
• Do you think Ohio State made a statement with its win over Duke? It was a coming out party for Deshaun Thomas of the Buckeyes. He may be able to live up to the expectations he had coming out of the prep ranks. Thomas was the third-leading scorer in the high school ranks out of the state of Indiana. That is pretty impressive when you consider how many great players have come from that state.
• Temple suffered a blow when Micheal Eric suffered a knee injury which will sidelined him for six weeks. He missed the last 10 games with an injury to the patella tendon in the same knee. I'm sure Fran Dunphy was disappointed with this injury news.
• A key to Kentucky's win over North Carolina was guard Marquis Teague. He did not turn the ball over and has reduced his turnovers big time since earlier in the season.
• Tu Holloway has been Mr. Clutch for Xavier. He was special as his team came back to knock off Purdue. Holloway is one of the premier guards in America.
• Illinois and Indiana are off to good starts, making the Big Ten a very deep league. Ohio State is still the team to beat and Jared Sullinger is my early choice for Player of the Year. There is a lot of basketball left.
Each week Dick Vitale talks about the sport he loves, college basketball.