Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• I will tell you that Anthony Davis reminds me of Tim Duncan of Wake Forest. He doesn't have the same offensive skills, but he rebounds, blocks shots, does everything. He is a coach's dream and a great all-around player and a class person.
• Congratulations to the latest class of the Basketball Hall of Fame. I loved watching guys like Reggie Miller, Ralph Sampson, Jamaal Wilkes ... it is a great group being enshrined in Springfield, Massachusetts.
• I have said it before and I will say it again. If you make good decisions, you will be a success. When you make bad decisions, you have a problem. Michigan State's Derrick Nix was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle with the presence of marijuana. The school suspended him indefinitely. That would be a bad decision in my book.
• Tony Mitchell's time at Alabama has come to an end. Mitchell, along with Charles Hankerson Jr., were granted a release from the Tide program by coach Anthony Grant. Mitchell, a junior, started 21 of 22 games before being suspended on February 7. That was his last appearance for Alabama due to a series of incidents. Mitchell was the team's second-leading scorer at 13.1 points per game while averaging seven rebounds per game.
• Syracuse and San Diego State will meet in the inaugural Battle on the Midway game, held on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9. North Carolina and Michigan State met on a ship last season.
• Providence suffered a blow when sophomore Gerard Coleman decided to transfer. Coleman averaged 13.2 points and five rebounds per game while playing in 30 games last season. Perhaps he saw his playing time diminish next season with a great recruiting class coming in for coach Ed Cooley.
• The coaching carousel continued to spin. LSU is looking for a new coach as Trent Johnson moved on to TCU, which is going to the Big 12 next season. Johnson's decision may have been aided by the news that Tigers' starting center Justin Hamilton, the team's leading scorer and rebounder, was passing on his senior season to go pro.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Rangers stay alive, drop B's on Kreider OT tally
- Sources: Nets contacted Celtics about Rivers
- Indians cruise in Francona's Fenway return
- Pacers' Hibbert accuses Battier of 'dirty' play