- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
• Jamie Dixon had to be thrilled with the news that Trey Zeigler will be eligible this season. He will step in and replace Ashton Gibbs in the backcourt at the University of Pittsburgh. The NCAA waived the mandatory one-year rule, for transferring schools, which would have forced Zeigler to sit out this season. He left Central Michigan after his father, Ernie, was not retained as head coach. Zeigler averaged 15.6 ppg and 6.7 rpg. for the Chippewas last season, so he should have an immediate impact for the Panthers.
• Brad Stevens and the Butler Bulldogs will move to the Atlantic 10 this year which will make this an even tougher conference.
• I love the Big East-SEC challenge as there are plenty of intriguing matchups. Kentucky is going to Notre Dame; Marquette takes on Florida; Syracuse is at Arkansas; Alabama takes on Cincinnati; Tennessee meets Georgetown. It should be awesome with a capital A!
• Congratulations to Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg on a new contract in Ames. The Cyclones beat Connecticut in the NCAA tournament and his success is being rewarded. Hoiberg agreed to an eight-year deal worth an average of $1.5 million per season.
• Wow, I read statements made by Indiana's athletic director, Fred Glass on how they wanted the series with Kentucky to continue with a fair proposal. Indiana reportedly proposed a four-year deal with two games on neutral courts and two on-campus sites. Sounds like a great idea to me.
• When the Legends Classic was set up for November in Brooklyn, did you think that UCLA and Indiana would be a great potential match-up? The Bruins signed a monster recruiting class, and the Hoosiers have an exciting group coming in as well. Then add a good Georgetown and improving Georgia team to the mix and there will be excitement galore.
Each week Dick Vitale talks about the sport he loves, college basketball.