Roundball Chatter for March 11
• Congratulations to Florida Gulf Coast, Liberty, Belmont, Harvard and Creighton for punching their tickets to the big dance. The Belmont-Murray State game in the Ohio Valley Conference final was a classic. Andy Enfield, the former Florida State assistant, has done a great job with Florida Gulf Coast, which beat Miami earlier this season.
• There will be a number of interesting conference tournament games this week. How big is the Iowa State-Oklahoma game in the Big 12?
• Congrats to Indiana on its first outright Big Ten title since 1993. Tom Crean has done a super job rebuilding the program.
• The list of finalists for the 2013 Wayman Tisdale Award (top diaper dandy), were announced by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association. It features freshmen Anthony Bennett (UNLV), Jahii Carson (Arizona State), Gary Harris (Michigan State), Ben McLemore (Kansas), Shabazz Muhammad (UCLA), Nerlens Noel (Kentucky), Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State) and Rasheed Sulaimon (Duke).
• Akron suffered a blow when guard Alex Abreu was arrested and charged with possession and trafficking of marijuana. When you make a bad decision in life, you pay a price and it affects your teammates. Akron went out and lost to Kent State with Abreu gone.
• Despite losing to Duke, I can see a comparison between the Tar Heels and a recent champ. Can UNC pull off a similar run to UConn in 2011, when Kemba Walker carried them to the NCAA title after struggling during the season? This Tar Heel squad is a very confident and explosive team.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Mavericks extend Pacers' slide to 4 games
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM