- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
• Congrats to newest class of the Basketball Hall of Fame. It includes new national championship coach Rick Pitino, along with former NBA stars Bernard King and Gary Payton, former UNLV coach Jerry Tarkanian, North Carolina women's coach Sylvia Hatchell, former University of Houston coach Guy Lewis, former University of Virginia star Dawn Staley. The inductions will take place in Springfield, Mass. in September.
• This is also the time of the year where a number of stars declare for the NBA draft. Among those saying farewell to college hoops include Trey Burke of Michigan, Ben McLemore of Kansas, Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller of Indiana, Phil Pressey of Missouri, Myck Kabongo of Texas, Tony Snell of New Mexico, Jamaal Franklin of San Diego State, Russ Smith of Louisville (though Rick Pitino said he is still on the fence), and Providence's Ricky Ledo,
• You also hear about some players opting to stay in school. Cincinnati guard Sean Kilpatrick decided to return to the Bearcats, Patric Young decided to return to Florida, PJ Hairston will return to North Carolina.
• Coaches get extensions at this time of year too. Kansas State rewarded Bruce Weber for an outstanding first season, Providence gave Ed Cooley an extension, Danny Hurley spurned overtures by Rutgers and got a new deal at Rhode Island, Andy Kennedy got a new deal at Mississippi, and John Groce got a new deal with Illinois.
• St. John's coach Steve Lavin got some great news when point guard Rysheed Jordan out of Philadelphia picked the Red Storm. Jordan is ranked in the top 25 by the ESPN recruiting gurus.
• It took Saint Louis long enough but Jim Crews will be the head coach of the Billikens next season, he did a super job last year.
20hESPN Production Analytics
19hFantasy Football Insiders