The end of a year is a time to look forward with hope and a new energy for the New Year.
But it's also a time to look back and remember those that we lost.
Today, Page 2 remembers those that passed away in 2009:
• Bill Belichick's invincibility
• USC's football dominance
• Tiger Woods' image
• Tim Tebow's future as a quarterback
• Ed Hochuli's biceps
• T.O. as relevant football player (reincarnated as a reality TV star)
• The fame of every '08 Olympian not named Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps
• Indoor football (Note: the Arena Football League. The Detroit Lions shockingly did not fold.)
• Brad Lidge
• Yankees' jokes
We will miss them all, and we hope that in 2010 this list only contains the BCS.