Barry Bonds said he was "proud" of Mark McGwire for coming clean about steroid use. Somehow, Bonds maintained a straight face.
But give credit to Bonds for offering praise, something that's not his trademark. This makes us wonder who else the former slugger might choose to laud.
• Canadian strongman Dino Bravo, for bench pressing 710 pounds at the 1988 Royal Rumble
• Arnold Schwarzenegger, for saving John Connor and, by extension, mankind in "Terminator 2"
• Brian Bosworth, for his Razzie nomination for Worst New Star in 1991
• Jose Canseco, for surviving a full season of "The Surreal Life" without once laughing in Janice Dickinson's new face
• Jason Giambi, for shamelessly rocking the gold thong
• Ivan Drago, for landing a sexy thing like Ludmilla
• Manny Ramirez, for changing his number to 99 without losing any credibility.
• Pete Rose, for making the WWE Hall of Fame.