Never have I heard more about free agents in basketball than I have over the past few weeks. It is like we are following every move of the most-coveted free agents.
Thought it would be a good time to find five of the best quotes ever about free agents:
1. "You don't go from a Yugo to a Benz back to a Yugo."
-- Deion Sanders, on the possibility of going back to the Falcons as a free agent after a year with a great 49ers team
2. "You haven't been a professional athlete unless you've had a cortisone shot and been a free agent."
-- Rick Kelley, former NBA center, on why he declared for free agency
3. "Not really -- they lean toward cash."
-- Bill Veeck, asked whether free agents leaned to big cities
4. "I believe there are certain things that cannot be bought -- loyalty, friendship, health, love and an American League pennant."
-- Edward Bennett Williams, former baseball and football owner, on why he refused to spend money on free agents
5. "Why did I sign with the Nationals? When you go to a club at 4 in the morning, and you're just waiting, waiting, a 600-pounder looks like J-Lo. And to me this is a Jennifer Lopez right here. It's 4 in the morning. Too much to drink. So, Nationals: Jennifer Lopez to me."
-- Julian Tavares, free-agent pitcher, on why he decided to sign wtih the Nationals instead of waiting for other offers
To read more sports quotes, check it out here.