The ultimate rivalry among our military veterans is between Army and Navy. To honor their greatness, here are five great quotes about Saturday's matchup:
1. "Sir, it's the Army game, sir."
-- Cory Schemm, a Navy receiver, on begging his coach to play in the Army-Navy game after his shoulder was separated
2. "It's something special in college athletics. It's not a game to affect the BCS. It is much more than that."
-- Beano Cook, announcer
3. "If it was, Army and Navy would be playing for the national championship every year."
-- Bobby Bowden, asked whether discipline was the key to winning
4. "I should like very much to revive the football game between Annapolis and West Point."
-- Theodore Roosevelt, assistant Secretary of the Navy, in repealing the edict that suspended the game for several years in the late part of the 19th Century
5. "There's always something special when the service academies play each other that's not in any other game. This is not a regular game and everyone involves knows it."
-- Roger Staubach, former Navy quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner
For more sports quotes, check out my site.