In celebration of the Daytona 500, here are five great quotes about the Daytona 500 and NASCAR
1. "I woke up this morning and I still can't believe I won the Daytona 500."
-- Dale Earnhardt Sr, on his first win at Daytona
2. "We drove for the sheer fun of driving because there wasn't that much money to be made."
-- Richard Petty, on his early years in NASCAR
3. "There have been other tracks that have separated the men from the boys. This is the track that will separate the brave from the weak after the boys are gone."
-- Jimmy Thompson, on Daytona
4. "It's basically the same, just darker."
-- Alan Kulwicki, on the difference between racing on Saturday night as opposed to Sunday afternoon
5. "I think an intoxicated orangutan could do what I just did."
-- Michael Waltrip, asked how difficult it was to qualify for a race
For more sports quotes, check out my site.