Lonely? Would you like tons of emails to read? Well, all you've got to do, bunky, is publish your email address and ask folks to talk about Tim Tebow. Then just sit back and listen to the clicks as the responses begin to fill your computer 'til it overflows.
We received twice the normal number of responses when asking you to create a reader-generated list of "Top 10 Comments Now About Tim Tebow" after he led the Denver Broncos to victory in Oakland for his second win in three starts this season.
Can the option work in the NFL? It did for at least one week -- prompting an enormous positive response about Tebow and little sarcasm. Some sarcasm, yes, but not much and almost no nastiness, thank you very much.
About half of those who responded didn't really even try to provide pithy one-liners for a "Top 10" list. Instead they wrote often long tributes to Tebow.
• "Know that there is a storm coming. Tebow Time is just beginning.
He is the kind of guy I hope my sister marries one day, and is certainly an example for a fallen culture," said Robert C. of Naperville, Ill.
• But what of those who make fun of Tebow and seem to be eagerly awaiting his failure? "I think as fans we forget that these players are human beings we put on a pedestal at times. We want them to succeed but not to succeed too much, because it shines light on where we are in our lives," said Pastor Terry J. of Westwood, Calif.
• Then there was Doug C. of Upland, Calif., who wrote a short poem: "Tebow haters, you had a bad day -- So more expletives you're gonna say -- And for you Tebow is going to pray."
Finally, there is the list including four comments from among the many female readers who responded to a Tebow request:
Top 10 Comments Now About Tim Tebow
10. "The Lord apparently likes the running game," said Sean O. from Gainesville, Fla.
9. "Imagine how good he would have played if he hadn't vaccinated 2,000 babies before the game?" said Ben M. of Peoria, Ill.
8. "Love the guy but still not putting him on my Fantasy team -- Signed: The Lord," said Carey S. of Palo Alto, Calif.
Read More »
Page 2's longest-tenured writer looks back on his favorite tales. (04/13/12)
Page 2 closes its doors by celebrating the greatest hits since its launch. (04/13/12)
Actor Brian Presley talks about 'Touchback' movie. (04/13/12)
A group of Charlotte fans wants the Hornets nickname back. (04/13/12)
Don't count on uniform ads in major North American sports. (04/12/12)
... WHERE WE HEARTILY SALUTE YOUR INITIATIVE FOR SCROLLING THIS FAR DOWN THE PAGE
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK