A lot of important sports figures said things during the past week that just was that proved to be embarrassing. These people can benefit from advice just as we all need wizened council at times because where is Yoda when you need him?
Or if not Yoda, at least Tony Dungy?
Even though the advice may be too late to help now, there's always the next time:
• Tip to prep superstar Landon Collins: If there is a hot girl you really want to take to the prom, do not introduce her to your mother.
• Tip to Charles Barkley: If a golf club manufacturer pays you to praise its clubs, that's a scam.
• Tip to Andrew Luck: When they swear that Peyton will be in Indianapolis no more than one more season, get it in writing.
• Tip to backup Jets QB Greg McElroy: When a teammate tells you that the guys have something special planned in the locker room, run, don't walk, in the opposite direction.
• Tip to new Western Kentucky coaching staff: One, two, three, four, five -- and six.
And while our literary chefs put the finishing touches on the main dishes for this Brunch, we'll munch on a few more tidbits. (Try the crab cakes, delicious.)
• The Buccaneers fired Coach Raheem Morris and his entire staff -- Larry, Curley and Moe.
• Prince Harry said that attending the beach volleyball during the '12 London Games is a priority and asked for premium seats. Suddenly, don't we all like Prince Harry a little bit more? Bet that dude can par-tee.
• The three great mysteries of the world: (1) The meaning behind Stonehenge; (2) Does Loch Ness really have a monster; (3) Why can't Norv Turner be fired?
Read More »
Page 2's longest-tenured writer looks back on his favorite tales. (04/13/12)
Page 2 closes its doors by celebrating the greatest hits since its launch. (04/13/12)
Actor Brian Presley talks about 'Touchback' movie. (04/13/12)
A group of Charlotte fans wants the Hornets nickname back. (04/13/12)
Don't count on uniform ads in major North American sports. (04/12/12)
... WHERE WE HEARTILY SALUTE YOUR INITIATIVE FOR SCROLLING THIS FAR DOWN THE PAGE
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK