Whether they were Democrats, Republicans or Independents, one thing all Presidents seemed to have agreed on was their love of sports. It has always had bi-partisan support across all party lines. In honor of President's Day, it is time to celebrate the Presidential love of sports. Here are some all-time great Presidential quotes about sports.
1. "Politics is like football. If you see daylight, go through the hole."
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
2. "In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: 'Hit the line hard, don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard.'"
-- Theodore Roosevelt
3. "You have to add a little air into the war room now and then."
-- Dwight Eisenhower, on his love of golf
4. "It's a lot tougher to be a football coach than a President. You got four years as president, and they guard you. A coach doesn't have anyone to protect him when things go wrong."
-- Harry Truman
-- Lyndon Baines Johnson, asked his handicap when he was visiting the Masters
6. "You mean there aren't enough people mad at me already?"
-- Ronald Reagan, on being presented with a referee's uniform during a visit from the NBA Commissioner
For more sports quotes, check out my site.