Here's some Peyton Manning news in the spotlight that a restaurant owner didn't want in the spotlight.
Recently, the Mr. Nice Guy QB signed off on a $200 tip above the bill's 18 percent gratuity on a $739.58 tab at the we're-sure-with-a-name-as-simple-as-Angus Barn-it-must-be-awfully-expensive restaurant in Raleigh, N.C.
But the server got fired after it was exposed that he posted a snapshot of the bill.
Thus, as Manning weighs quality of life issues for his next NFL destination, here's a tip for restaurant owners who want to promise Manning's privacy can be ensured (though we're sure these policies are already in effect any time Chad Henne stops by to chow down):
RESTAURANT PLEDGE FOR PEYTON MANNING
• If you do want it known you dined here and you're on Foursquare, we can automatically make you Mayor of our restaurant.
• We will honor all coupons and special discounts from competitors. For example, Red Lobster's "Endless Shrimp"? We can give you "Endless, Neverending, Infinity-No-Tagbacks Shrimp."
• No matter how many 96-oz steaks you eat, we won't put your photograph on the wall.
• We want you to feel free and relaxed in our private dining area, so we vow to turn off any security cameras trained on that room.
• If you require a doggybag for leftovers, we won't secretly slip in a GPS tracking chip to find out where you live.
• Once you pay your bill, we vow not to Twitpic how much you tipped. And if that earns us an extra-extra tip (wink wink, nudge nudge), we won't advertise that either.
Page 2's longest-tenured writer looks back on his favorite tales. (04/13/12)
Page 2 closes its doors by celebrating the greatest hits since its launch. (04/13/12)
Actor Brian Presley talks about 'Touchback' movie. (04/13/12)
A group of Charlotte fans wants the Hornets nickname back. (04/13/12)
Don't count on uniform ads in major North American sports. (04/12/12)
... WHERE WE HEARTILY SALUTE YOUR INITIATIVE FOR SCROLLING THIS FAR DOWN THE PAGE
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK