Readers give reasons they love NFL
The NFL is coming! The NFL is coming!
Well, it had better be coming or somebody is in big trouble. Of course, when you stop and think about it, the NFL hasn't really been away. After all, we've probably talked about it more this summer than any summer before. And, truth be told, we haven't missed a single game.
However, doesn't it feel wrong if we only miss one game and it's called the Hall of Fame Game? Still, it that's our only casualty, we'll call it collateral damage and happily move on. Why? Because we love us some real NFL.
That's the basis for our reader-generated list for this week. A chance to celebrate our love for the NFL -- but in our usual snarky way. Hundreds of you responded and the three teams mentioned most, in order, are the Bengals, Bears and Giants. This doesn't mean you loved those three teams because most of the mentions were not kind.
Let's get to the list.
Top 10 reasons we love the NFL
10. "Would really love the NFL without a preseason because that would be a 16-course meal without the Brussels sprouts," said Mike M. of Wilmington, Del.
9. "Love the NFL because there is no chance there will be a 5-hour, 44-minute game played in a concrete warehouse filled to just 59 percent capacity. Oh yeah, and even if it happened, it couldn't end 1-0," said Mark M. of Apopka, Fla.
8. "Tight ends. Tight pants. Tim Tebow. Need I say more?" by Lisa A. of Benson, N.C.
7. "NFL provides good work-furlough program for the Bengals," said Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
6. "The ladies love Ed Hochuli's guns," said Barrett B. of Fort Worth, Texas.
5. "No NFL would mean No Fantasy League. That would mean no start/sit debates during the work week, leaving nothing to do but work," said Nate S. of Indianapolis.
4. "The NFL's return means another season of the best reality show on TV: 'When Will Rex Ryan Explode?'" said Jessica B. of Newark, N.J.
3. "Love the NFL because when my kids are bad I can show them TV images of Al Davis to frighten them into being good," said Samuel J. of Los Angeles.
2. "Love the NFL because without it, what would I do on Sundays? Spend time with the family?" said Barton K. of Denver.
1. "Love the NFL because it makes me nostalgic for Brett Favre's great career and all the wonderful What? He is? Again? The Bears! OMG." said Barney S. of Chicago.
BTW, did you know that on Christmas Day, Ed Hochuli's guns will be 61? Get the NFL started now!