Readers aggravated by their NBA teams
Despite the NFL's Final Four this weekend, the crush of submissions to this week's reader-generated Top 10 list indicates a great number of you are also interested in the NBA's abbreviated regular season.
Just one problem -- you're all disgusted with the NBA's regular season.
Or at least that's true of all that submitted suggestions for "Top 10 Hints Your NBA Team Is Lame." Some of you made generic submissions that could be used for any lousy team, including some that laid the blame on Brett Favre or Dan Orlovsky (Dan Orlovsky?), but most clearly were talking about the teams they care about.
A lot more losers than winners in the NBA. A. Lot. More.
Here's the list: Top 10 Hints Your NBA Team Is Lame.
10. "The arena crew doesn't bother removing the hockey ice before your games," said Mark F. of Adamstown, Md.
9. "Instead of Gary Glitter's 'Rock and Roll Part 2,' your team plays 'Dust in the Wind' by Kansas," said Bill P. of Tualatin, Ore. (That's it for the generics chosen. The rest are personal.)
8. "My team is the Supersonics. I'm in Washington, they aren't. 'Nuff said," said Jacob T. of Spokane along with similar sentiments by Keith H. of Seattle, Mike O. of Seattle, Sally G. of Spokane, Winny C. of Spokane, Jerry B. of Seattle and Derek A. of Grand Rapids, Mich. (Grand Rapids, Derek?)
7. "Bobcats: Your owner is still better than your best player and your owner is 49," said Ben M. of Peoria, Ill.
6. "Wizards: Your team starts the season by saying -- 'This is your captain, Andray Blatche,'" said Jason S. of Sterling, Va.
5. "Nets: Even Jay-Z can't make your team cool," said Marc S. of New York City.
4. "Suns: When losing to the Cavaliers isn't your worst loss of the season," said Devin M. of Phoenix. (Bonus points, Devin, for slamming two teams in one sentence.)
3. "Knicks: You believe the words -- 'We'll pick it up once Baron Davis gets back,'" said Matt M. of Paramus, N.J.
2. "Magic: You owe Gilbert Arena (sic) $62 million," said Howard O. of Winter Springs, Fla.
1. "Timberwolves: You are the NBA's Jenga tower because you are always rebuilding," said Frank H. of Woodbury, Minn. (If you haven't watched this video, you must do so now.)
About the collapsing tower, I don't know if it was a hoax, but even it was somebody had to build that thing. Besides, a lot of season-ticket holders probably feel as if they've been hoaxed, too. Life is tough when you wish a 66-game season was shorter.
My suggestion to all of you sick of supporting a lousy NBA team: Move to Oklahoma City.
Jerry Greene is a regular contributor for ESPN.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.