What is Tim Tebow thinking about Lin?
Last week everyone was comparing the basketball miracle-working of Jeremy Lin in the NBA to the football miracle-working of Tim Tebow in the NFL.
This week everyone was saying there really is no comparison. Then, as reported on this web site, Lin was good on 9 of 20 shots and scored the winning points for his team in the final moments of his fifth start. Just as Tebow completed 9 of 20 passes and scored the late winning points for his team in his fifth start.
Cue the "X-Files" music.
And we have heard Lin say all kinds of nice things about Tebow. But what might Tebow be thinking about Lin if Tebow had our kind of humor? That, my friends, is the subject of today's reader-generated Top 10 list. Enjoy.
Top 10 Things Tebow Is Thinking About Lin
10. "I need to start Linbowing tonight," said Rayfil W. of Hong Kong. (Rayfil is the founder of jeremylinbball.com and claims he first coined "Linbowing.")
9. "He should try scoring no points for three quarters, then score 21 in the fourth quarter and hit the winning points in the last second. Works for me," said Carey S. of Palo Alto, Calif.
8. "Jeremy went to Harvard and I went to Florida so maybe he's smart enough to explain the aerodynamic reasons to me why sometimes I can't hit the broadside of a barn," said Doug E. of Altamonte Springs, Fla.
7. "I could give him my couch to sleep on 'cause I can just levitate," said Ben M. of Peoria, Ill.
6. "Wonder what it's like to have teammates who catch most of your passes?" said Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
5. "I'll pray that he doesn't marry a Kardashian," said Seth M. of "The United State of Iowa."
4. "Wonder if he'll thank me for answering his prayers?" said Randy B. of Norwich, N.Y.
3. "Why doesn't the NFL count bounce passes as completions for me, too?" said Kevin W. of Columbia, Mo.
2. "How's this sound? Tebow-Lin 2024 Republican Presidential ticket," said Lisa H. of Hamilton, Mont. (Or perhaps Lin-Tebow? We're just sayin'.)
1. "God bless," said Matt W. of Suwanee, Ga.
Nothing amusing about "God bless," but it's the perfect answer about what Tebow would think about Lin or anyone else, so we're going with it.
We'll close by saying: "Tebow."
Or should we say: "Lin?"Perhaps they'll both be synonyms for "amen."
Jerry Greene is a regular contributor to ESPN.com. He can be reached at email@example.com.