|ESPN.com: NFL||[Print without images]|
Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito will stay on the suspended list, with pay, for the rest of the season while the NFL continues its investigation into the team's workplace environment.
"The Miami Dolphins and Richie Incognito have agreed to maintain his suspension during the ongoing NFL investigation," the team said in a statement released Monday.
Per the rules of the collective bargaining agreement, Incognito's suspension was scheduled to end following Sunday's game against New England. The Dolphins were faced with the option of releasing Incognito, reinstating him or working out an agreement to keep him well-compensated but out of sight.
|Dolphins guard Richie Incognito will stay on the suspended list, with pay, for the rest of the season.|
The Dolphins suspended Incognito on Nov. 3 for detrimental conduct amid allegations that he threatened teammate Jonathan Martin and used a racial slur against him.
Miami and Incognito agreed to an extension last month to prolong the suspension, with pay, from four to six weeks.
Lead investigator Ted Wells has yet to complete his report.
A second interview between Wells and Incognito scheduled for last week was canceled, as were interviews with 11 other Dolphins players, a source familiar with the case said.
The interviews were to cover text messages, the Martin-Incognito relationship, offensive lineman Mike Pouncey's Christmas party, impressions of Martin's on-field performance and other reasons for Martin's decision to leave the team.
Incognito initially met with Wells on Nov. 22.
Information from ESPN.com Dolphins reporter James Walker was used in this report.