|ESPN.com: Boxing||[Print without images]|
Puerto Rican flyweight contender McWilliams Arroyo's mandatory shot at world titleholder Amnat Ruenroeng will come Sept. 14 at Liptapanlop Hall in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
Peter Rivera of PR Best Boxing Promotions, Arroyo's promoter, said Tuesday that all the details have been worked out with Ruenroeng promoter Jimmy's Boxing for the fight.
"We already confirmed and the fight will be on Sunday, Sept. 14, in Thailand, so McWilliams continues to be focused on his training and we will coordinate all matters relating to the date on which we will travel to this fight," Rivera said.
On June 19, Arroyo (15-1, 13 KOs), 28, a 2008 Olympian and 2009 world amateur champion, knocked out Froilan Saludar in the second round of a title elimination fight to become Ruenroeng's mandatory challenger.
Ruenroeng (13-0, 5 KOs), 34, also a 2008 Olympian, will be making his second title defense following an impressive first defense, a split-decision victory against Japanese star and two-division titlist Kazuto Ioka on May 7 in Japan.
Jimmy's Boxing won an IBF purse bid for $202,000 to gain control of the bout earlier this month. The only other bidder, Golden Boy Promotions, offered $70,150. As the titleholder, Thailand's Ruenroeng is entitled to 75 percent of the winning bid ($151,500) with Arroyo due the remaining 25 percent ($50,500).