|ESPN.com: NFL||[Print without images]|
When the NFL season opens Thursday night as Green Bay visits Seattle, 36 players (six of whom are unsigned), an owner and a coach will be serving suspensions.
None of the Packers or Seahawks are suspended for the opener, but players from 19 teams will sit out -- including three from Dallas, which is tops in the league. The Cowboys' suspended players are Josh Brent (10 games), and Orlando Scandrick and Jakar Hamilton (four each).
|Cornerback Orlando Scandrick, who will miss the first four games, is one of an NFL-high three Cowboys players suspended to start the season.|
Nine teams have two players suspended:
• Jacksonville's Justin Blackmon (indefinite) and Ace Sanders (4 games).
• Washington's Tanard Jackson (indefinite) and Brandon Meriweather (2 games).
• Cleveland's Josh Gordon (season) and Marlon Moore (1 game).
• Baltimore's Will Hill (6 games) and Ray Rice (2 games).
• New England's Brian Tyms and Brandon Browner (4 games each).
• Miami's Dion Jordan and Reshad Jones (4 games each).
• Kansas City's Donald Stephenson (4 games) and Dwayne Bowe (1 game).
• New York Giants' Eric Herman and Jayron Hosley (4 games each).
• Denver's Matt Prater and Wes Welker (4 games each).
Teams with one player suspended:
• Arizona's Daryl Washington (season).
• San Francisco's Aldon Smith (9 games)
• Carolina's Frank Alexander (4 games)
• Philadelphia's Lane Johnson (4 games)
• Indianapolis' Robert Mathis (4 games)
• St. Louis' Stedman Bailey (4 games)
• Minnesota's Jerome Simpson (3 games)
• Cincinnati's Chris Lewis-Harris (2 games)
• Buffalo's Nigel Bradham (1 game)
Unsigned free agents include:
• Fred Davis (indefinite), LaVon Brazill (season), Brandon Moore (4 games), Jake Knott (4 games), Rokevious Watkins (4 games) and Spencer Nealy (4 games).
Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay is serving a 6-game suspension, while Minnesota special teams coach Mike Priefer is serving a 3-game suspension.