|ESPN.com: WNBA||[Print without images]|
|L.A. and Nikki Teasley got the best of Kara Lawson on this play, but the Monarchs ousted the Sparks for the second straight year.|
|Three of four conference finals spots are spoken for. Seattle hosts Houston at 10 ET Saturday to determine Sacramento's West finals foe. Indiana and Connecticut will clash in the East. Both series start Thursday.
In the meantime, keep up on the playoffs with the following links:
• Playoff Dish: Our nightly notebook wraps up all of Friday's action and says the Sun's team effort overcame the Shock's star power.
• Sun sweep Detroit: Lindsay Whalen scored 27 points and Nykesha Sales grabbed a career-high 12 boards as Connecticut advanced to it third straight East finals appearance.
• Monarchs dominate paint, L.A. to move on: Ticha Penicheiro and Yolanda Griffith each scored 13 points as Sacramento beat the Sparks in the first round for the second straight season.
• Storm seek return trip to West finals: The Comets are seeking their first playoff series victory since 2000. But the defending WNBA champion Storm stand in their way.
• A night off with Nancy: ESPN analyst Nancy Lieberman kept a running diary during Thursday's games, with analysis on the playoffs, her MVP pick, details of her conversations with not one but two WNBA coaches Thursday, and even some insight into Lieberman's spending habits.
• Playoff schedule
• WNBA.com's playoffs coverage