|ESPN.com: NBA||[Print without images]|
• "My name is Jerome, not Jesus."
• On Rashard Lewis' DUI arrest: "I'd like to meet the cop who arrested him. I know he is doing his job, but I still think he is a [obscenity]. Rashard is too good of a guy. He could arrest somebody who is a [jerk], who doesn't do anything for the community. If [Rashard] had somebody in the car with him, let them take him home. Or let somebody else get behind the wheel I hate to see something like that happen to Rashard Lewis. And I don't care what people say about my comments, I love Rashard."
• On returning to Seattle: "This is actually a sad occasion. It's bittersweet. I am happy to be in this situation, but I miss Ray, Rashard, Flip, Reggie, Cleaves, Luke, Nick, everybody. I wish I could have been here to help Robert Swift out a little more. He looks like he needs it."
• On criticism: "Mailmen get bit by dogs; professional athletes get criticized in the newspaper. It's part of the territory."
• On the Knicks' acquisition of Eddy Curry: "The idea of me and him playing together was brought to me as a possibility, and I was like, 'Yeah, bring that dude over, he is a beast.' We will have the biggest lineup in the NBA if he and I can get healthy and learn how to play together."
• On playing with Curry: "If I have to slim down and play the four man, then oh well, I'll go out and defend the fours. I am not looking to score 20 points, but I am looking to get 10 blocks, 10 rebounds and six fouls."