Friday, June 23, 2006
Exxon Keyword of the Game Sweepstakes
"KEYWORD OF THE GAME" SWEEPSTAKES
on ESPN Radio, Sponsored by Exxon
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OR IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN AN OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATION, PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES, OR FOREIGN TERRITORIES.
1. GENERAL: These are the official rules (the "Official Rules") for the Exxon "Keyword of the Game" Sweepstakes, (the "Sweepstakes"). The Sweepstakes is administered by ESPN Radio ("ESPN" or the "Administrator), 444 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022, and is sponsored by Exxon Corporation (Sponsor").
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING: Entrants do not have to purchase a product to enter or win. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., (EXCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH RESIDENTS IF LOCATED IN AN OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES OR FOREIGN TERRITORIES) who are 21 years of age or older and have Internet access as of the date of entry (an "Entrant", "You" or "Your"). You may not have won a prize worth more than $100 in any ABC Radio Networks promotion within the past 12 months. Offer void where prohibited by law, taxed, or otherwise restricted. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00pm (noon) Eastern Time (ET) on Saturday, June 24, 2006 and ends at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, July 17, 2006. (the "Promotional Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Eastern Time (ET).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, listen for a "Keyword of the Game" announced during Major League Baseball game broadcasts on ESPN Radio on Saturdays during the promotional period. You must have the correct Keyword for the game broadcast that Saturday, through the period until the next Saturday game broadcast in order to be eligible to win.
Log onto ESPNRadio.com, click on the link for "Keyword of the Game" Sweepstakes and follow the instructions.
All entries must be received no later than 3 p.m. ET on Monday, July 17, 2006 by the Administrator.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ONE PERSON HAS MORE THAN ONE EMAIL ADDRESS) OR E-MAIL ADDRESS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MORE THAN ONE PERSON USES THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS) PER DAY for a total of 29 entries.
E-MAIL CHANGE OF ADDRESS POLICY: It is the sole responsibility of You to notify the Administrator if Your e-mail address changes. To do so, click on the help link at the bottom of any ESPN.com page, then click on the Change Personal Information link and follow the instructions.
Administrator, Sponsor, and their respective agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed by Administrator or Sponsor for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web-site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by robots or scripts are considered to be a direct violation of Sweepstakes policy and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entries. Neither Administrator nor Sponsor is responsible for printing errors in these Official Rules.
4. WINNER SELECTION/ PRIZE DRAWING(S): Four (4) Weekly Game winners will be selected by Administrator on or about July 21, 2006 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received from noon Saturday through 11:59am Saturday (weekly entry period). Winners will be notified by e-mail.
The Administrator will conduct the drawing. By participating, You agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to such registered user. The "registered user" is the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. PRIZE(S)/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE/ODDS OF WINNING: Four (4) Weekly Prizes of an Apple 4GB Ipod Nano. Approximate Retail Value of Each Prize: $250.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER AND WILL BE BASED ON THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses relative to participation in Sweepstakes (including acceptance of prize) not specified herein. No prize substitution except at Administrator's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for prize of comparable value. Administrator reserves the right it its sole discretion to award the actual cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself. The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All entries will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail address.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Officers, directors, representatives, employees or agents of Administrator, Exxon Corporation, and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiary and successor companies, their advertising/promotional agencies, and the members of their immediate families or those persons living in the same household of anyone so employed are ineligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION FOR ALL WINNERS: If potential winner does not respond to notification e-mail within five (5) days of its transmission, or should an e-mail, after up to three (3) attempts, be returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by Administrator, time permitting. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, within five (5) days of the date printed on the prize notification. In the event of non-compliance with these requirements, winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected time permitting.
Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, the prize winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension. Administrator also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes due to earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
8. RELEASE, PUBLICITY: By participating, entrants release Administrator, Sponsor, and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiary and successor companies, their advertising/promotional agencies, and the employees, officers, directors and agents of any of the above organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Except as otherwise prohibited or restricted by law, by accepting any prize winner grants permission to use his/her name, address, likeness, photograph, voice, and statements by Administrator, Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and advertising/promotional agencies for advertising/publicity purposes, in any media worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation, unless otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 10, 2006 to: for "Keyword of the Game" Official Rules, ESPN Radio, 444 Madison Avenue, NY, NY 10022. For a copy of the Official Winners List mail a self-addressed stamped envelope after August 1, 2006 but before August 1, 2007 to: for "Keyword of the Game" Winners, ESPN Radio, 444 Madison Avenue, NY, NY 10022.