|ESPN.com: ESPN||[Print without images]|
• Marvin Harrison caught three of Manning's touchdown passes. It was the ninth time that Harrison scored on three or more receptions in a game, the second-highest total in NFL history. Jerry Rice had 11 such games.
All three of Harrison's TDs were on plays of less than five yards. The only other player to score on three pass receptions of four yards or less in one game was Lance Alworth (1968).
There have been a total of 57 NBA games in which 60 or more points were scored by a single player: 32 by Wilt Chamberlain -- including 15 during the 1961-1962 season alone -- and 25 by all other players combined. The players with the highest career scoring averages who never scored 60 in a game: LeBron James, 26.5; Bob Pettit, 26.4; Oscar Robertson, 25.7; Dominique Wilkins, 24.8; Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 24.6.
• Assuming Carmelo Anthony serves his full 15-game suspension, he will still be the NBA's leading scorer upon his return -- unless Allen Iverson or another contender overtakes 'Melo on the basis of points per game. Anthony has scored enough total points to qualify through the Nuggets' first 40 games. He is eligible to return from suspension in game No. 38.
• Anthony has led the Nuggets in scoring in 60 of his last 68 regular-season games. Either Anthony or J.R. Smith, who was suspended for 10 games, led Denver in scoring in every game this season until the suspensions.
• Jason Kidd recorded another triple-double in the Nets' 105-97 victory over the Warriors. It was Kidd's fourth triple-double in his last seven games. He recorded four triple-doubles over a seven-game span twice previously (both times in 1999). The only other player to do so even once in the last 15 years is Grant Hill (1997).
Kidd's total of 81 career triple-doubles not only leads active players by a wide margin, it exceeds the total of the next four active players combined: Grant Hill, 29; Chris Webber, 21; Gary Payton and Antoine Walker, 15.
• The Knicks defeated the Jazz 97-96 in overtime, despite having only eight players available due to suspensions and injuries. It was only the second game in their two seasons with the team that David Lee and Channing Frye started together. Rookie Renaldo Balkman set season highs for minutes (31) and rebounds (15).
But most significant of all, the winning basket was the first true buzzer-beater by Stephon Marbury in his 216 games over four seasons with the Knicks. (Marbury also scored a game-winner with one second to play late in the 2004-2005 season.)
• The Mavericks led from start to finish in a 109-91 victory at Sacramento. It was only the third home game in the last six seasons in which the Kings never led.
• Dominik Hasek was pulled at the first intermission of the Red Wings' loss, after allowing three goals in the first period. It was the earliest hook for Hasek on account of his play since he was yanked after 20 minutes of a loss to the Predators in 1999. (He was removed in the 12th minute of the Sabres' season opener in 2000 due to an injury.)
• Jean-Sebastien Giguere stopped all 27 shots he faced after allowing a goal in the second minute of the Ducks' 3-1 win over the Flames. Samuel Pahlsson, Dustin Penner, and Corey Perry scored third-period goals to give Giguere his seventh consecutive victory in home games that were tied at the end of the second period.