Thursday, June 5, 2008
Finals Factors: Jalen Rose's ballot
We asked 10 of our experts to rate the most important factors leading into the NBA Finals.
Each expert had 100 points to apportion among five key factors. The rules stated no factor could be worth more than 50 points or less than 10 points. Each expert named a wild-card factor as well.
Click through the pages to see how the voting went.
Finals Factors: No. 1 | No. 2 | No. 3 | No. 4 | No. 5 | Others | Wild cards | Results
Click below to see the ballots of our 10 writers:
• Henry Abbott, TrueHoop
• J.A. Adande, ESPN.com
• Chris Broussard, ESPN The Mag
• Ric Bucher, ESPN The Mag
• John Hollinger, ESPN.com
• Tim Legler, ESPN
• Jalen Rose, ESPN
• Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com
• Marc Stein, ESPN.com
• David Thorpe, Scouts Inc.
Here's Jalen Rose's ballot:
1. Kobe Bryant (30 points):The Black Mamba and MVP of the league. This is a chance for him to win his fourth title and he does not plan to disappoint.
2. Celtics defense (25 points): Led by KG, the Celts are the best in the league at making teams shoot low percentages and geting stops when needed. They will make it tough for the Lakers to make plays, which will give the Celtics a chance to win this series.
3. Paul Pierce (20 points): -- A prolific scorer and Inglewood native, Pierce was a Lakers fan growing up and will be a matchup nightmare.
4. 3-point shooting (15 points): Both of these squads need outside shooting to open up the floor for their go-to guys to operate.
5. Phil vs. Doc (10 points): Championship level of execution and intangibles will be critical for both teams. These two maestros will be the conductors.