|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
It looks like last call in Knoxville.
You know last call means -- out come the pick-up lines. Check out some of the things we suspect Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton said to woo candidates to replace Lane Kiffin:
• Rich Rodriguez: "I can see in the circles around your eyes that we're made for each other. 'Cause our players need a lot of work."
• Urban Meyer: "Your feet must be tired, 'cause you've been kicking our butts for five years."
• Les Miles: "Excuse me, do you have the time? Really, you don't?"
• Jon Gruden: "So you used to coach the Raiders? So did our ex. He left us this week (sniff, sniff)."
• Phillip Fulmer: "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?"
• Derek Dooley: "Look, do you want the job or not? Wow, really?"