Monday, January 25, 2010
Vitale's weekly stock watch
By Dick Vitale
• The Colts and Saints have advanced to the Super Bowl.
• Kobe Bryant became the youngest player in NBA history to score 25,000 points.
• Tim Duncan joined the NBA's 20,000-point club.
• Notre Dame women's basketball coach Muffet McGraw earned her 600th career victory.
• Villanova remained unbeaten in Big East play.
• The Denver Nuggets are riding a six-game win streak.
• Coach Tommy Amaker has done a solid job at Harvard.
• The Knicks lost at home by 50 points, falling to the Dallas Mavericks.
• Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace was fined $35,000 for comments about officiating.
• U. S. Open champion Kim Clijsters won just one game in her loss to Nadia Petrova at the Australian Open.
• Allen Iverson was named a starter in the NBA All-Star game.
• Memphis had its 64-game Conference USA win streak snapped by UTEP.
• Golfer Jim Thorpe was sentenced to a jail term for failing to pay his income taxes.
• The Nets fell to 3-40 with an 11-game losing streak.
• The Sacramento Kings have lost seven straight games.