Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Accidental mix blamed in son's death
DALLAS -- The Dallas County medical examiner's office says Hunter Green, the son of professional golfer Ken Green, died as a result of a combination of alcohol and prescription drugs.
An autopsy report, obtained Tuesday by the Dallas Morning News, says Green's January death was accidental. It also says the drugs in Green's system were muscle relaxants and painkillers.
The 21-year-old Southern Methodist University sophomore was found dead Jan. 22 in his dorm room.
His sister, Brooke Baker, says her brother was prescribed the medications after suffering an injury.
It was the second family tragedy in eight months for Ken Green. He had his lower right leg amputated last summer after a recreational vehicle accident in which his girlfriend and brother were killed.