Wilson, who also received 12 months' probation and must perform community service, had pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor assault and battery in the Nov. 22 incident, admitting to punching one person and kicking another.
He was the last of 11 Michigan State players to be sentenced and the fourth to receive jail time.
Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio said last week that Wilson was in the process of transferring from the university. But Wilson's lawyer told reporters Wednesday that Wilson wants to return to the team and had plans to contact Dantonio.
"Oren's first choice would be to stay at Michigan State and be on the football team in fall," attorney Andrew Abood said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "He's the type of guy who would be wanted in the trenches when MSU plays Michigan. He should be back on the football team."
It wasn't until mid-January that Wilson, a two-year starter at nose tackle, was identified as being present at the residence hall where the assault took place. He was the only Michigan State player identified at the scene who played in the Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2.
Thirteen other Spartans players had been identified earlier and were suspended or dismissed prior to the bowl game.
Last week, Dantonio reinstated four players charged in the assault. He dismissed two, Glenn Winston and Roderick Jenrette, immediately after the incident. Five others are seeking transfers.
Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com.