Monday, September 20, 2010
By Dick Vitale
• Rafael Nadal became the seventh player to win the career Grand Slam when he took home the U. S. Open singles title.
• The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs moved to 2-0 on the season. Surprising anyone?
• Matt Schaub threw for almost 500 yards in a win over the Washington Redskins.
• Nebraska had an impressive win over the University of Washington.
• Alabama's Mark Ingram had 100 yards rushing in the first quarter of his season debut, a win over Duke.
• CC Sabathia won his 20th game of the season.
• Troy Tulowitzki has been on fire for the Rockies.
• The Seattle Storm won the WNBA championship.
• Reggie Bush forfeited his Heisman Trophy.
• The Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings fell to 0-2.
• The New Jersey Devils were fined $3 million for the Ilya Kovalchuk contract fiasco.
• Packers running back Ryan Grant was lost for the season due to injuries.
• Arizona State lost to Wisconsin on a blocked extra point.