|ESPN.com: Tennis||[Print without images]|
It's that time of year. With the season over, it's time to reflect on another memorable season. But just how closely did you follow the game in 2010? Take our holiday quiz and test your tennis acuity. See the link below for the answers.
1. Rafael Nadal achieved all the following major feats this season except:
2. How many match points did Roger Federer hold in each of these losses this year?
3. Serena Williams played only six events this year but won two of them. Which were they?
4. What did the following players have surgery on this season, causing them to miss significant parts of the year?A. Serena Williams
5. John Isner and Nicholas Mahut smashed a number of records with their 70-68 epic fifth set at Wimbledon, including the mark for longest match at 11 hours, 5 minutes. What was the previous record?
6. What was on Andy Roddick's mind as he watched the fifth set of Isner-Mahut?
7. John Isner and Andy Roddick finished the season first and third in services games won during the season. Who was sandwiched between them?
8. The Bryan brothers won the Australian and U.S. Opens, and went 11-0 in finals this year, but the most statistically and emotionally significant win of their year was at home in Los Angeles. Identify the significance of the following numbers in that win:
9. Venus Williams, as usual, had the fastest women's serve of the season. What was it clocked at?
10. What was Tomas Berdych's record for the rest of the season after losing to Roger Federer in a third-set tiebreaker in Toronto?A. 11-5
11. Robin Soderling reached the French Open final for the second straight year. What compliment did Nadal pay him before the final?
12. Five players won singles Grand Slams this year. Who was the oldest winner?
13. The following players all became first-time fathers this year. Who was the only one in the middle of a tournament at the time?
14. The following players had weddings this year. Pick the pair that married each other.
15. Caroline Wozniacki reached the No. 1 ranking, the fifth player to do so without a Grand Slam title. Which of the previous four was the first?
16. Which of these former No. 1s ended the year with the lowest ranking?
17. Forty-year-old Kimiko Date Krumm scored how many wins over former No. 1s this season?
18. There are six teenagers in the year-end WTA Top 100. How many players in the year-end WTA Top 100 are 30 or over?
19. Tommy Haas became a citizen of which country in 2010?
20. How many of Justine Henin's seven losses in 2010 were to Kim Clijsters?
21. Which award did Kim Clijsters not win in 2010?
22. What did Serbia's team do to celebrate its Davis Cup victory?
23. Novak Djokovic reached a Grand Slam final for the first time in over two years at the U.S. Open. How many games away was he from losing in the first round?
24. Elena Dementieva's retirement left just one Russian in the WTA top 10. Who is it?
25. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have combined to win 25 of the past 30 Slams. Identify the players who have broken the drought at the following tournaments:
Kamakshi Tandon is a freelance tennis writer for ESPN.com.