|ESPN.com: NFL||[Print without images]|
With the NFL's lockout of players, Clark said he's moved his recovery work from the team facility to a local sports medicine center in Indianapolis."It's different, we're cut off from that," he said. "But I've got a great setup working at St. Vincent Sports Medicine and they have a great rehab and training facility, they pretty much do everything. I did the first six weeks of my rehab out in Tempe, Ariz. ... I just needed to get back home and everything's been great."
Clark had 37 catches for 347 yards and three touchdowns in six games before suffering the injury in a win at Washington on Oct. 17, 2010.
He got out of his cast in January and is working on range of motion, strength and more, he said. He didn't want to put a percentage or timetable on things, but said it won't be a matter of months before he can catch a pass. Without a setback, he expects to be ready for the start of a typical training camp.
"Nothing has been a surprise so far," he said. "I'm very happy with where I am at."
As for the wide-spread presumption that the Colts will be in favorable shape in an extended lockout because Peyton Manning would organize offseason work akin to OTAs the team would run, Clark said there are no set plans.
"We've got a couple months before we've even got to worry about that," he said. "... We haven't had the conversation, but I would assume. We've got to get our work in, so definitely something will probably be done. We'll cross that bridge when it comes. But at the end of the day we're going to get our work done, we're going to stay on schedule.
"How, where, when, all that, that'll be determined. But we're going to treat this just like our regular offseason."
As far as the potential for injuries out of such work that could create a problem for a player with his team after the labor impasse is over, Clark said common sense will prevail.
"All these factors we definitely need to take into consideration," said Clark, who is prepping for a cameo appearance to be filmed Monday on the CBS drama "Criminal Minds". "It'll be interesting. There are a lot of things to think about, there are a lot of things to understand and we'll try to find a happy medium. We'll try to find that gauge when we get there."Despite his upcoming television appearance, Clark has no intention of giving up his day job, regardless of the league's labor strife. "This has nothing to do with money," he said during a phone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. "This is fulfilling a dream of mine of being an actor." He took a class in college and mentioned it when he met one of the writers of "Criminal Minds" last December. That conversation prompted the writer to put Clark in one of the scripts, giving him two lines. Clark is hoping to parlay the brief appearance into more acting gigs. "I've got two lines to impress somebody. That's my goal. I've got to impress someone," Clark said. "Maybe I could do an Allstate commercial, you know, like you're in good hands." Whether the Colts are completely in the dark is unclear. On Monday, when general manager Chris Polian was asked whether team officials had a way of tracking injured players and Clark specifically, he said this: "Some things are in process in those regards, under the rules that have been given to us." Paul Kuharsky covers the AFC South for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.