|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
There's nothing better than getting a "swag bag," because it means somebody is giving you free stuff. And we all love free stuff.
But what should the swag be? The college football bowl games all give swag to the participating players but they all don't give away the same swag. The 2010-11 bowl game swag included: HD camcorders, LCD TVs (rarely larger than 19-inch screens), championship rings, backpacks, commemorative Richard Petty Driving Experience photo (on the list of the Meineke Car Care Bowl although it wasn't clear if the players actually got the "Experience" or just the photo), and, of course, watches.
Just about everybody gives away a watch.
But why all this wonderful swag for just football players from 70 schools in bowl games? Shouldn't at least the Sweet 16 basketball teams get some swag? And shouldn't it be swag that is appropriate?
And that's what you provided for this week's list -- appropriate swag -- although not all of it might be well received. Actually, we're not sure if any of this swag would be popular -- but it would be appropriate.
See for yourself:
Top 10 Swag for the Sweet 16
10. "Complimentary ring tones of Charles Barkley saying your chances of winning the championship are 'turrible' because, if Barkley doesn't like you, then you must be great," said Beverly M. of Nashville, Tenn.
9. "Voucher for the director's cut of the 'One Shinning Moment' DVD," said Scott G. of Rockford, Ill.
8. "To Richmond -- A spider web strong enough to stop the Morris twins so we don't have to deal with them -- from 14 teams not named Kansas," said Macker W. of "Parts Unknown," Mich.
7. "To VCU -- A personal apology from Jay Bilas," said Kevin J. of Pekin, Ill.
6. "To Kentucky -- A 'Get-Out-Of-NCAA-Investigations Free Card' for John Calipari," said Brady I. of Twin Falls, Idaho.
5. "To Duke -- Boxes of tissue because of all the whining they do," said Ben M. of Peoria, Ill.
4. "To Ohio State -- The 8th seed in the NBA Eastern Conference playoffs," said Phil H. of Fort Worth, Texas.
3. "To San Diego State -- A pregame talk from Ron Burgundy -- 'Stay classy, Aztecs!' " said Gail M. of San Diego.
2. "To Ohio State -- Not sure, but whatever they get will have tracking devices on it," said Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
1. "To all players -- Nothing. But your dad is getting a pretty sweet ride," said Matthew M. of Paramus, N.J.
There you have it except for one more bit of swag to all the teams -- good luck. Well, all the teams except for maybe Duke because the Devils don't need it. Just ask them.
Back to Page 2 »