|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
There is no golf event that brings out more passion than the Masters. There is also no golf event that brings out more quotes than the Masters.
Here are 10 all-time great Masters quotes.
1. "If the Masters offered no money at all, I would be here trying just as hard."
-- Ben Hogan
2. "This is where God hangs out."
-- Mac O' Grady, on the Masters
3. "Every shot is within a fraction of disaster -- that's what makes it so great."
-- Gary Player
4. "I hope I'll never get too old to want to take part in this event, and I don't think that I will ever age that much."
-- Sam Snead
5. "If you don't get goose bumps when you walk into this place, you don't have a pulse."
-- Don Sutton. Baseball Hall of Famer, on the Masters
6. "If I knew what was going through Jack Nicklaus's head, I would have won the Masters."
-- Tom Weiskopf, asked if he knew what Jack Nicklaus was thinking on his way to winning the '86 Masters
7. "I don't care about that. The Green Coat is enough for me."
-- Billy Casper, asked how much money he made for winning the Masters
8. "The course is perfection, and it asks perfection."
-- Nick Faldo
9. "I must admit the name was born of a touch of immodesty."
-- Bobby Jones on deciding to call the tournament the Masters
10. "I always said that if they have a golf course like this in heaven, I want to be the head pro."
-- Gary Player
For more sports quotes, check out my site.