Friday, May 6, 2011
First and ten questions
By First Take
1. The NBA suspended Ron Artest for Game 3 tonight against the Mavericks. What impact will this have on the Lakers?
2. On Thursday, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Shaquille O'Neal will likely return on Saturday night against the Heat. How will the return of Shaq impact the Celtics' chances of winning Game 3?
3. The Grizzlies play the Thunder on Saturday with the series tied at a game a piece. Who has the upper hand in this series?
4. Rob, you picked the Red Sox to win the wild card before the season. After losing 11-0 to the Angels on Thursday, the Red Sox fall to 14-17 on the season. Are they done?
5. Rob, before the season you picked the White Sox to win the central. Skip, you picked the Twins. The Indians are currently leading the central with a Major League best 21-9 start. Tell us why the Indians aren't going to win the central?
6. Would a playoffs without the Celtics and Lakers in the conference finals be a good thing or bad thing for the NBA?
7. Game 3 tonight between the Bulls and Hawks. They're tied at a game a piece. Who has the edge?
8. Willie Mays turns 80 today. Is he the greatest baseball player ever?
9. Oddsmakers have made Manny Pacquiao a 6 to 1 favorite to beat Shane Mosley on Saturday. Who wins the fight?
10. The Kentucky Derby is on Saturday which begs the question: Is that the most exciting two minutes in sports?