Friday, June 17, 2011
First and ten questions
By First Take staff
1. Stephen A. Smith, the last time you were here prior to the NBA Finals you said Skip was too hard on LeBron James. Now that we've seen his performance in the Finals, do you still feel that way?
2. Is there a racial component to the criticism of LeBron over the last year?
3. Rory McIlroy shot a six-under-par 65 to take a three-shot lead over Y.E. Yang and Masters champion Charl Schwartzel in the opening round of the U.S. Open. It's the biggest first-round lead at the U.S. Open in 35 years. McIlroy has had at least a share of the 1st-round lead for the third time in the last four majors. Is McIlroy becoming the LeBron of golf?
4. Stephen A. Smith, you interviewed Plaxico Burress Monday and he talked about his contribution to the Giants Super Bowl victory over the Patriots. In the interview, he said, "I led the Giants to a Super Bowl and didn't even practice." Skip, tell Stephen A. why you have a problem with this.
5. Can the Giants afford not to sign Burress?
6. At the end of the NBA Finals Skip shared with us his list of Top 5 NBA players right now. Here's Skip's list: 1. Wade, 2. Dirk, 3. Kobe, 4. Durant, 5. Melo. Stephen A., what do you make of Skip's list?
7. The odds makers have made the Heat the favorites to win the NBA title next year. Stephen A., did they get it right?
8. SI.com put out its list of the 50 highest earning athletes in the U.S. and LeBron James, who was third behind Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, was #1 among team sports athletes. Tiger Woods ($62.3 million), Phil Mickelson ($61.2 million), LeBron James ($44.5 million), Peyton Manning ($38.1 million) and Alex Rodriguez ($36 million) made up the top five. Stephen A., do you have a problem with this?
9. Tiger Woods is out of the U.S. Open due to injury. Will Tiger ever be Tiger again?
10. Recently former baseball commissioner Fay Vincent's said of Mark Cuban, "I don't think Mr. Cuban's been an easy partner or owner for David Stern, and that would put me on my guard if he were to come to baseball." Does baseball need to lighten up and consider Cuban as a possible owner?