Wednesday, July 20, 2011
First and ten questions
By First Take staff
FIRST DOWN WITH CHRIS BROUSSARD
1. The NFLPA will debrief both the lead player representatives from each team, as well as their alternates, today. On a scale of 1-10, how surprised would you be if a NFL deal didn't get done by Thursday?
2. Vikings punter Chris Kluwe posted the following message on his verified Twitter page: "Sigh, and once again greed is the operative byword. ''Congrats Brees, Manning, Mankins, and Jackson for being that guy. #d-----bags". Was it smart or dumb of Kluwe to say this?
3. Speaking on NBATV's show to announce the league's 2011-12 schedule, Shaquille O'Neal said the Heat have only a "Big 2", excluding Chris Bosh from the conversation. In bounds or out of bounds for Shaq to say this?
SECOND DOWN WITH NDAMUKONG SUH
4. Who are the top five NFL defensive lineman?
5. Finish this sentence, at the end of the season Nick Fairley will be...
6. Shaq calls LeBron and Wade the best backcourt ever, even though they aren't a backcourt and they had their struggles playing together last season. Should Heat consider trading either Wade or LeBron?
7. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick brought his anti-dogfighting message to Congress on Tuesday, backing legislation that would penalize those who knowingly attend animal fights and allow minors to attend. Are you buying Vick's sincerity?
8. On a recent trip to Texas, Yankees Curtis Granderson said it is difficult at times to count the amount of African Americans in the stands. Can baseball fix this problem?
9. DeMarcus Ware says that Tony Romo has taken the leadership role for the Cowboys this offseason getting guys together for OTAs. Is this a make-or-break year for Romo?
10. At 48 years old it seems like Michael Jordan still has it, dunking with ease. If Jordan were to play one game in the NBA right now, how many points would he score?