Wednesday, August 10, 2011 Updated: August 11, 7:05 PM ET
QB Terrelle Pryor not yet eligible
ESPN.com news services
Terrelle Pryor is not yet eligible for the NFL's supplemental draft.
The league has informed its 32 teams that the supplemental draft is set for Wednesday, but the former Ohio State quarterback is not on an approved list -- at least so far -- that includes several other players.
An NFL official with knowledge of the process told The Associated Press on Thursday that four players have been declared eligible. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the league has said an official announcement on the draft will not be made until after it takes place.
Terrelle Pryor is waiting to find out if he is eligible for the supplemental draft before working out for NFL teams, a source said.
The eligible players are former Georgia running back Caleb King, former Northern Illinois safety Tracy Wilson, former Western Carolina cornerback Torez Jones and former Lindenwood University defensive end Keenan Mace.
North Carolina defensive end Mike McAdoo has also been ruled eligible, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The league could still expand the list before the draft.
Pryor's pro day workout, which had been scheduled for Friday, was postponed until the NFL decided on his status for the supplemental draft, a source close to the player told ESPN.
In order to qualify for the supplemental draft, a player must show that his status has changed -- such as being declared academically ineligible by his school -- after the NFL's regular college draft has been held.
Pryor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Tuesday afternoon on Twitter that he had spoken with the NFL on Tuesday about Pryor's eligibility and that "no decision has been made yet regarding Terrelle's eligibility for the supplemental draft."
Sources told ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins that representatives from the Dallas Cowboys had planned to attend the workout. Officials from the Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins also had been scheduled to attend, according to the (Cleveland) Plain Dealer and Washington Examiner, respectively.
When he announced his departure from Ohio State, Pryor already had been suspended by the school and the NCAA for the first five games of what would have been his senior season this fall for accepting improper benefits, such as cash and discounted tattoos.
The scandal led to coach Jim Tressel's forced resignation May 30. Tressel acknowledged knowing his players were taking improper benefits but covered it up for more than nine months before Ohio State officials discovered the violations.
Pryor is Ohio State's all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks, with 2,164 yards. He also threw 57 touchdown passes, tying a school record.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.