Seriously. If you are not a New England Patriots fan, don't you want "Tebow Time" to keep going? When it comes to "storylines," could there be a bigger one than Tim Tebow versus Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl?
It could happen. You can argue that it shouldn't happen, but it could happen. Just ask Patriots guru/coach Bill Belichick, who said of the Broncos this week: "They're a tough team to prepare for because they do a lot of different things. There aren't really any other teams like them in the league, so there's no other team you can really draw that experience from. What they do offensively is a little bit unique."
Translation: Tebow is either the best or worst quarterback we could possibly face and we don't know which one he will be.
Meanwhile, the ESPN Sports Poll said he was America's favorite pro athlete in December, finishing ahead of (in order) Kobe Bryant, Rodgers, Peyton Manning and New England QB Tom Brady. So the only possible match better than Tebow versus Brady would be Tebow versus Rodgers, unless they put Tebow in the NBA All-Star Game.
And as of Wednesday night, @TimTebow had 938,523 followers. (Note: Tebow is following only 50 others and wouldn't you love to know who is on that list?)
Speaking of lists, we have our own reader-generated list that we publish here as a public service to Belichick, Brady and the rest of the Patriots. If Tebow really is receiving help from The Big Fan In The Sky, then it's only right that Belichick get some help, too. Here it is:
Top 10 Tips For Stopping Tim Tebow
10. "Patriots sign a new inside linebacker: Tonya Harding," said Marc S. of New York City. (This was so off the wall and old-school that I couldn't resist.)
9. "Videotape Bronco practices," said Barrett B. of Fort Worth. (Whatever could you mean by that, Barrett?)
8. "Instead of 'Patriots' in the end zone, paint in 'Hell,' 'cause Tebow won't get near it," said Mark M. of Apopka, Fla. and Matthew V. of Alexandria, Va.
7. "Do not admit any media to the game nor allow it to be televised. This raises the question: If there is nobody to report on Tebow, does he make a sound or complete a pass?" said Phil H. of Saginaw, Mich.
6. "Declare that Gillette Stadium is a church because Tebow would never run in a church," said Mark M. of Geneseo, Ill.
5. "Kryptonite," said Lisa H. of Hamilton, Mont.
4. "Belichick should line the sidelines with orphaned children, causing Tebow to leave the game so he could build homes for them," said Evelyn H. of Alamogordo, N. M. and Doug E. of Altamonte Springs, Fla.
3. "Hire Josh McDaniels, the coach who drafted Tebow, and get all his secrets," said Shirley B. of San Francisco. (Great idea -- oh, wait a second
2. "Tell the Kardashian women to be at the Broncos hotel because he wants to be on their show," said Sam G. of Dayton, Ohio.
1. "Hold a group prayer in which all Patriot fans suggest to the Lord that instead of the game Saturday night, He watch 'Winter Wipeout: Hockey Pucks & Bieber Fever' on ABC," said Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
If there is one thing that might neutralize the power of Tebow Time, it's the power of Bieber Fever.
But we did receive this declaration from Nathan L. of Dallas: "You can't stop Tebow so don't even try. Just forfeit now and ask for his forgiveness."
Nathan may be right or the Vegas oddsmakers that have New England a prohibitive favorite may be right, but one thing is for sure: We're going to be watching to find out if Tebow Time stops on Saturday night.
Jerry Greene is a regular contributor for ESPN.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Page 2 »