|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
Madonna, we have good news and bad news.
The good news is your name was mentioned more than any other in our Super Bowl top 10 list even though you are not expected to tackle too many men Sunday night.
The bad news is almost all those mentions were highly critical and often quite impolite. Still, any publicity is blah blah blah, right?
Matter of fact, football players actually expected to be in this Super Bowl were not among any of the names most often mentioned. We have other quarterbacks, coaches and even one president on our reader-generated list. Here it is:
Top 10 Unlikely Moments On Super Bowl Sunday
10. "The GOP blames the loss, regardless of who loses, on President [Barack] Obama," said Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
9. "After the Patriots lose, Bill Belichick takes a leave of absence to spend time with Urban Meyer's family," said Peggy C. of Oviedo, Fla.
8. "Moments after Tom Coughlin holds up the championship trophy, Rex Ryan gets in front of the camera and guarantees that his Jets will bring the trophy back to New York next year," said Nate M. of Lewisburg, Pa.
7. "Peyton Manning is tackled and Tased when he runs on to the field to call an audible for the Giants. While Peyton is on the ground, Eli gives his brother a wet willy," said Mark M. of Apopka, Fla.
6. "Ocho-Stinko [Chad Ochocinco], after being a non-factor for New England all season, will make the game-winning TD catch," said Mark H. of Granby, Conn. (apparently a Giants fan with a strong sense of doom).
5. "Tim Tebow goes to the Super Bowl and sits in the stands. He buys a hot dog and feels bad about not sharing so he makes it multiply so everyone can have one," said Casey M. of Columbia, S.C.
4. "Rush Limbaugh is a surprise halftime performer, joining Madonna to sing 'Islands in the Stream,'" said Rick O. of Helena, Mont.
3. "The last TV shot of Peyton Manning is of him washing the car that will be given to the game's MVP 'cause a guy's got to work," said Hartley A. of Richmond Hill, Ontario.
2. "Bill Belichick wears a top hat, tuxedo, spats and carries a lion-headed cane," said Brian V. of Pleasantville, N.J. (I love this sideline image).
1. "Don't know why, don't know how, but Tim Tebow is Super Bowl XLVI MVP," said Erik D. of Elmhurst, N.Y.
Our first and probably last list to include Tim Tebow, Brett Favre, Rush Limbaugh and Madonna. Now that's a quartet.
Jerry Greene is a regular contributor to ESPN.com. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Back to Page 2 »