|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
Bumper stickers. They are one way we can make a statement about what is important to us. Today we are talking about bumper stickers appropriate for sports leagues, teams and individuals.
One sticker that is not on our list below but should be this week would go on the bumper of every official NFL vehicle:We Rule
Think about it. The NCAA is trying to conduct March Madness, the NBA is nearing the end of a shortened season, baseball is about to begin, golf and NASCAR have begun and they're fighting in the NHL. But despite all that, the NFL dominates our sports headlines with revolving quarterbacks and suspended coaches.
However, the rest of the sporting world does go on and every sport has a need for bumper stickers. Our quick-witted contributors have suggested some great ones in this week's reader-generated list. To wit, this list:
Top 10 Sports Bumper Stickers
10."Smart People Occasionally Reduced To Stupidity," suggested Ron C. of Defiance, Ohio.
9. "My other car is a Zamboni," suggested Peggy C. of Oviedo, Fla.
8. "My child is an honor student who can beat your Cubs," suggested Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
7. For Tim Tebow's car: "Your car is efficient? Mine has intangibles," suggested Gustavo E. of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
6. For Mike Tyson's car: "So many ears -- So few recipes," suggested Lisa H. of Missoula, Mont.
5. "The BCS -- Keeping 'em down since 1998," suggested Brian V. of Pleasantville, N.J.
4. For Mario Williams' car: "Takin' my talents to South Buffalo," suggested Randy B. of Norwich, N.Y.
3. For Denver Broncos' cars: "Honk if you're on a Rocky Manning High," suggested Doug E. of Altamonte Springs, Fla.
2. For Pete Weber's car: "I am what I thought you are," suggested Chris H. of Pickerington, Ohio.
1. "If you love the Heat, honk. Not once. Not twice..." suggested Carson B. of Frederick, Md.
For the record, Tebow was the subject of more suggested stickers than any other person or team. In fact, "Tebow is my co-pilot" was mentioned so many times that I suspect it must actually exist. Carson B., our winner, was hot. He also suggested: "If it ain't the Triple Lindy, it ain't diving" and "If you can read this, you can't be a referee." And he may have predicted one more that we all will have on our cars soon -- especially if we are in New Orleans:
"Roger Goodell is my co-pilot."
Ain't it the truth?
Jerry Greene is a regular contributor to ESPN.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Page 2 »