Thursday, June 14, 2012
Cufflinks Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These are the Official Rules for Kurt Snibbe's Playbook Caption Contest (the "Contest") sponsored by ESPN Internet Ventures ("Sponsor").
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States who are 13 years of age or older as of entry date and are a registered member of ESPN.com. All employees of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees and subsidiaries, and the immediate families and household members of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. ENTRY: To enter the Contest, entrants must submit their caption in the "Comments" section of the cartoon. Entries must be received by 4:00 p.m. EST on Friday, June 15, 2012 to be eligible to win. Sponsor is not responsible for technological difficulties that might arise and prevent users from entering the Contest. Sponsor may use your submission online, in print, on television or in any other forms of media. Your submission may be cut, edited and/or added to for any reason and in any manner which Sponsor determines.
3. JUDGING: Playbook editors will select their favorite caption and add it to the cartoon at the end of the day. The decision of the editors is final. Winner will be announced on or about 6:00 pm EST on Friday, June 15, 2012.
4. PRIZE: The winner will receive a pair of official NBA-licensed team cufflinks from Cufflinks.com (http://www.cufflinks.com/nba.html). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") is $60.00. Winner will be notified by email. If prize notification or attempted notification is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
5. RELEASE/PERMISSION: By entering, entrants agree to: (1) release the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related companies, and franchisees, and any of their employees, officers, members, directors and agents from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from their participation in the Contest and the acceptance, possession and use/misuse of any prize; (2) be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges; and (3) be contacted by email. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name and likeness for potential advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation in all media worldwide.
6. GENERAL: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules without notification.
7. SPONSOR: ESPN Internet Ventures, 605 Third Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10158. © 2012 ESPN Internet Ventures.