Tuesday, October 9, 2012
??AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman??
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Houston Texans -- How will the loss of Brian Cushing affect J.J. Watt, the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year after the first five weeks?
2. Atlanta Falcons -- Led by MVP candidate Matt Ryan, these Dixie Hummingbirds keep finding new ways to win.
3. San Francisco 49ers -- They know who they are and what they're good at and that's half the battle.
4. New England Patriots -- While defenses focus on stopping Tom Brady, these backs run all over you.
5. Baltimore Ravens -- Once opponents enter Baltimore's red zone, they encounter a red light.
6. Chicago Bears -- They've already scored five times on returns. That's one less TD than the Jags or Raiders have generated all season.
7. New York Giants -- That end zone salsa dance by Victor Cruz is getting a workout.
8. Green Bay Packers -- The Pack could trail the Vikings by three games in the NFC North by Sunday evening.
9. Minnesota Vikings -- Even with Jared Allen off to a slow start, this defense is getting after people.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Any fool who writes off this defense never had to block James Harrison.
11. Arizona Cardinals -- The NFC's worst ground game is running out of able bodies.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- With only one pick through five weeks, the Bengals are looking for some playmakers in the secondary.
13. Philadelphia Eagles -- This highly regarded pass rush has fallen like autumn leaves.
14. Denver Broncos -- A minus-6 turnover differential and a grueling early schedule is cause for concern.
15. St. Louis Rams -- An aggressive secondary is benefiting from a relentless pass rush.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Going into Baltimore is no way to build Tony Romo's confidence.
17. Seattle Seahawks -- The NFL's No. 1 defense has eased the burden of rookie QB Russell Wilson.
18. San Diego Chargers -- After being shredded by Drew Brees, San Diego's secondary braces for Peyton Manning.
19. Washington Redskins -- Sean Weatherspoon just rudely introduced RG3 to the speed and savagery of the NFL.
20. Miami Dolphins -- Don't be fooled by that 2-3 getaway they could easily be 4-1.
21. New Orleans Saints -- One game doesn't make a trend, but at least it's a start for an embattled franchise.
22. New York Jets -- Attendance issues could prompt a switch under center to Tim Tebow.
23. Indianapolis Colts -- That one was for Chuck Pagano, with the promise of many more to come.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Paying a steep price under new coach Greg Schiano for failing to close out games.
25. Detroit Lions -- Let's see what they learned about themselves after a bye week.
26. Carolina Panthers -- Without Cam Newton, this running attack would be averaging only 90 yards per game.
27. Buffalo Bills -- This defense has been beaten down to rubble in the past six quarters.
28. Kansas City Chiefs -- If they ever stop beating themselves, they could be decent.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars -- They're bad and they're boring. That's a deadly exacta.
30. Oakland Raiders -- One day, in another galaxy, they will return to Pride and Poise.
31. Tennessee Titans -- When Jeff Fisher departed Nashville, he took any semblance of defense with him.
32. Cleveland Browns -- You couldn't ask for a better start at the Meadowlands, or a worse finish.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL