Tuesday, October 9, 2012
??AP Pro32 ballot from Brown??
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. San Francisco 49ers -- Love their intensity, even when holding a huge lead. Face rematch Sunday against Giants.
2. Houston Texans -- Losing Brian Cushing will hurt, although they have dealt well with injuries before.
3. Chicago Bears -- Opportunistic defense has scored more than Jacksonville's offense the past two weeks.
4. New England Patriots -- Building momentum with a reliable running game and Tom Brady playing like Tom Brady.
5. New York Giants -- The pass rush has been held in check, yet the offense is more explosive than ever.
6. Atlanta Falcons -- Matt Ryan has been the best quarterback so far, the main reason they are 5-0.
7. Minnesota Vikings -- Percy Harvin has become a trendy pick for MVP consideration, but he deserves it.
8. Baltimore Ravens -- Appeared to take Chiefs for granted, which they won't do in next game against Cowboys.
9. Green Bay Packers -- Still believe they are a playoff team, but losing Cedric Benson and coughing up 18-point lead to Colts is concerning.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers -- A short week will test their veteran players, yet Ben Roethlisberger still excels in clutch.
11. San Diego Chargers -- Facing statement game against Broncos for early supremacy in AFC West.
12. Philadelphia Eagles -- Finally lost a close game, and Michael Vick's turnover issues remain troubling.
13. Seattle Seahawks -- Physical defense is the core of this team, led by rookie sack-machine Bruce Irvin.
14. Arizona Cardinals -- If offensive line issues continue, they will struggle regardless of who plays quarterback.
15. St. Louis Rams -- Sure hasn't taken Jeff Fisher long to make this team relevant again.
16. Denver Broncos -- Better than their record, but brutal early season schedule has taken its toll.
17. New Orleans Saints -- After finally getting first victory, Drew Brees and company could start rolling after their bye week.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Coming off a bye week, the Cowboys will have to play well to win in Baltimore.
19. Detroit Lions -- In trouble riding a three-game losing streak, and schedule doesn't get easier.
20. Cincinnati Bengals -- That was a costly home hiccup against the Dolphins.
21. Carolina Panthers -- Cam Newton needed this bye week. But coach Ron Rivera better fix his porous defense.
22. Miami Dolphins -- Joe Philbin is getting consistent effort from this team, and it's starting to pay off.
23. Washington Redskins -- Keeping Robert Griffin III healthy is the No. 1 priority for this franchise.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- A lot of young quarterbacks are outplaying Josh Freeman.
25. New York Jets -- Tim Tebow not starting is a sign that Jets don't believe in his throwing ability.
26. Kansas City Chiefs -- Brady Quinn should get his chance to resurrect his career, and the Chiefs.
27. Buffalo Bills -- Being embarrassed by 49ers showed how far Bills are from being contenders.
28. Cleveland Browns -- Trent Richardson is getting respect, but this team needs a victory.
29. Indianapolis Colts -- That was a terrific feel-good win against Packers. Andrew Luck has many more in this future.
30. Tennessee Titans -- Not much to hang their hats on offensively, which is not good.
31. Oakland Raiders -- One victory and no interceptions is not a good combination.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- This team needs a serious upgrade in talent to turn the corner.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL