Tuesday, October 16, 2012
AP Pro32 ballot from Gannon
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Rich Gannon of CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio:
RICH GANNON (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio)
1. Atlanta Falcons -- 6-0, need I say more.
2. Baltimore Ravens -- Losing Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb won't make things any easier.
3. New York Giants -- Convincing win on the road against a playoff team.
4. San Francisco 49ers -- Very uncharacteristic performance from Alex Smith with three interceptions. Still a playoff team.
5. Chicago Bears -- Looking more and more like a playoff team with outstanding defensive performances.
6. Green Bay Packers -- I laugh at people who question and criticize reigning NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers ... Really?
7. Houston Texans -- Saw how much not having Brian Cushing hurt that defense.
8. New England Patriots -- Still one of the better teams in the AFC despite loss in Seattle.
9. Denver Broncos -- Always have a chance with Peyton Manning!
10. Seattle Seahawks -- Defense and young QB starting to get league wide attention.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Need to get healthy in a hurry or they may not catch Baltimore.
12. Detroit Lions -- Win in Philly may have salvaged what was looking like a hopeless situation.
13. New York Jets -- Colts are one thing, much stiffer challenge this weekend in New England.
14. Miami Dolphins -- Joe Philbin doing a terrific job with that team and young QB.
15. Philadelphia Eagles -- Things beginning to unravel for Andy Reid, curious to see if they can keep it together and make it to the finish line.
16. Washington Redskins -- They have a chance every week now with RGIII. Amazing!
17. Minnesota Vikings -- Not good enough to survive all the mistakes and turnovers in week six, time to right the ship.
18. Cincinnati Bengals -- Dalton struggling right now but that won't last long ... too good of a player.
19. San Diego Chargers -- Second half collapse was brutal as was the performance of Philip Rivers.
20. Tennessee Titans -- They're better right now with Hasselbeck at QB.
21. New Orleans Saints -- They can win with their offense, but not so sure about their defense right now.
22. Buffalo Bills -- They are 8-21 when Ryan Fitzpatrick throws an interception. Need I say more?
23. Arizona Cardinals -- Too much of an imbalance right now with a strong defense and a struggling offense.
24. Dallas Cowboys -- Problems at every level of the organization.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Much needed win at home in front of a handful of fans.
26. St. Louis Rams -- Up and down from week to week as expected with a new staff.
27. Indianapolis Colts -- Looked flat after emotional win over Green Bay. Need to fix the run defense in a hurry.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Focus during the bye week had to be on getting Cam Newton back on track.
29. Cleveland Browns -- Change is coming with new owner Jimmy Haslam.
30. Oakland Raiders -- Before you can win consistently, you need to learn how to finish in the 4th quarter.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- Really surprised to see this team struggle so badly ... expected better out of this group.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- They will start to win again when they begin to get production in the passing game.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL