Tuesday, November 13, 2012
AP Pro32 ballot from Judge
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. Houston Texans -- The Texans' defense is good enough to get them to the Super Bowl. My question: Is Matt Schaub?
2. Atlanta Falcons -- Trust me, that loss will be good for these guys. Now, the pressure they feel is not from trying to keep an undefeated season intact; it's trying to win a playoff game.
3. Chicago Bears -- Now, more than ever, we find out about the resilience of the Bears.
4. Green Bay Packers -- The Packers' biggest problem isn't Chicago; it's injuries.
5. Baltimore Ravens -- Let's see, that's 55 points without significant yards from Ray Rice. Maybe the Ravens aren't so vulnerable after all.
6. Denver Broncos -- There's a reason these guys did the Cam last weekend; their schedule, plus Peyton Manning, make them look like Supermen.
7. San Francisco 49ers -- Memo to Jim Harbaugh: Get that fan from the Visa commercial out of the locker room. Your team hasn't been the same since he started giving pregame pep talks.
8. New England Patriots -- Now the Big Dig refers to the holes the Patriots' need to fix in their secondary.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Of all the injuries suffered by quarterbacks last weekend, it's Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder that worries me most.
10. Seattle Seahawks -- Psssst, this just in: Russell Wilson is having a pretty good year, too.
11. New York Giants -- So what do you think happens when Eli Manning goes three weeks without a touchdown pass?
12. Indianapolis Colts -- Question: Why isn't Ryan Grigson on anyone's short list for Executive of the Year?
13. Minnesota Vikings -- Anyone who watches Adrian Peterson shred another defense shares the same thought: Where can I get the number of his knee surgeon?
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- They've gone from kneeldowns to all-out assaults. For those keeping score, that's five straight weeks with 28 or more points.
15. New Orleans Saints -- I think I speak for Don Shula and every member of the 1972 Miami Dolphins when I say, "Thank you. Your complimentary bottle of Dom Perignon is waiting in the lobby."
16. Dallas Cowboys -- The Cowboys think they're going to the playoffs, but somebody forgot to tell them eight teams are ahead of them in the NFC.
17. Detroit Lions -- Forget the auto industry. It's the Lions who might need the bailout now.
18. Cincinnati Bengals -- Next time I want an analysis of an opposing defense I'm consulting A.J. Green.
19. San Diego Chargers -- Anyone who knows a realtor they trust is urged to contact Norv Turner.
20. St. Louis Rams -- After what happened in overtime, coach Jeff Fisher and his assistants should join Janoris Jenkins and Chris Givens running stadium steps.
21. Miami Dolphins -- When they talk about rookies hitting the wall, they're talking about what just happened to Ryan Tannehill.
22. Washington Redskins -- OK, now, let's get this straight: Are we playing for this year ... next year ... 2014?
23. Arizona Cardinals -- The more I see of this offensive line the more I know Kurt Warner's in a better place.
24. Tennessee Titans -- Maybe Bud Adams should blow a gasket every week. It seems to work.
25. Philadelphia Eagles -- If Bud Adams was angry with his Titans, I can only imagine how Jeff Lurie feels. There is no bigger disappointment out there than these guys.
26. Buffalo Bills -- Suddenly, I'm beginning to think that Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix should log on to realtor.com.
27. Carolina Panthers -- If Michael Jordan is as good at putting Cam Newton back together as he is building a basketball team the Panthers are in deep kimchi.
28. Oakland Raiders -- I'm not sure which has more holes in need of repair: The Nimitz Freeway or the middle of the Oakland defense.
29. New York Jets -- Sorry to disappoint Antonio Cromartie but, no, the Jets aren't going to the playoffs. That's what happens when you lose nine of your last 12.
30. Cleveland Browns -- No, "Hot in Cleveland" does not have anything to do with the Browns.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou? Down here ... at the bottom of the league standings.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- It's time to ask the question: How much longer before the Jags pull the plug on Blaine Gabbert?
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL