Tuesday, November 13, 2012
AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Houston Texans -- They can beat you in a Texas shootout or a muddy defensive struggle. Choose your weapons.
2. Atlanta Falcons -- They weren't good enough to run the table, but they're good enough to represent the NFC.
3. Chicago Bears -- Deep down inside, their fans know this team isn't the same without Jay Cutler under center.
4. San Francisco 49ers -- Two stellar defenses match up Monday night when the Bears visit Candlestick Park.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Don't let Monday night's lapse against KC fool you -- they'll be ready for the Ravens.
6. Green Bay Packers -- Bet the over in Motown because the Packers and Lions aren't exactly known for stout defense.
7. Denver Broncos -- A brutal early schedule has leveled off as the Broncos look to take command in the AFC West.
8. Baltimore Ravens -- Ray Lewis won't lead them at Heinz Field, but the Ravens will feel his presence.
9. New York Giants -- A week off to dwell on yet another puzzling midyear slump for the defending champs.
10. New England Patriots -- All is well in Foxborough Aqib Talib to the rescue.
11. Seattle Seahawks -- They can beat anyone at home, and lose to anyone on the road.
12. Indianapolis Colts -- The growing bond between Luck and Wayne is leaving opponents shaken and stirred.
13. New Orleans Saints -- It's hard to imagine a defense this soft still playing in January.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Surging in confidence behind resurrected QB Josh Freeman and big-time playmakers.
15. Minnesota Vikings -- Adrian Peterson might face nine defenders in the box from here on out.
16. Cincinnati Bengals -- Little margin for error the rest of the way, despite trouncing the Giants.
17. Dallas Cowboys -- Jason Garrett lives for another day, but Jerry Jones' clock is ticking.
18. San Diego Chargers -- One awful throw by Philip Rivers in Tampa may have sealed Norv Turner's fate.
19. Detroit Lions -- Facing Aaron Rodgers, this is a matchup begging for Ndamukong Suh to step up.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Breaking bad: they get the privilege of facing the Falcons on the rebound.
21. Tennessee Titans -- Chris Johnson is forcefully reminding everyone he can still play the game.
22. Miami Dolphins -- That debacle against the Titans was both surprising and unacceptable.
23. St. Louis Rams -- A very good showing at San Francisco could spark a November run.
24. Washington Redskins -- A month ago, these guys looked like playoff contenders. Not anymore.
25. Buffalo Bills -- Don't mention Mario Williams' name anywhere near Orchard Park these days.
26. Philadelphia Eagles -- In two months, there won't be enough brooms for this housecleaning.
27. New York Jets -- With each loss, Rex Ryan seems to shrink in front of that podium.
28. Cleveland Browns -- Life with the Browns another football season, another high draft pick.
29. Carolina Panthers -- The special teams coach just got axed. Pretty soon, they're going to run out of people to fire.
30. Oakland Raiders -- This is the worst defense in the NFL right now -- accept no substitutes.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- Somebody has to pay for that long-term commitment to Matt Cassel.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- You can cover up seats, but you can't hide an offense this drab.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL