Tuesday, November 13, 2012
AP Pro32 ballot from Brown
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. Houston Texans -- Tough victory at Soldier Field earns Texans the No. 1 spot.
2. San Francisco 49ers -- If they have to play longer without Alex Smith, they will miss him.
3. Atlanta Falcons -- We knew they were not going undefeated, but they are still very good.
4. Denver Broncos -- The more you see, the more you realize the Broncos are dangerous.
5. Chicago Bears -- Jason Campbell must step up if the Bears have to go without Jay Cutler.
6. New England Patriots -- The defense still needs to improve, but the offense is just fine.
7. Green Bay Packers -- Having Aaron Rodgers makes their injuries easier to deal with.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Big Ben's injury is a big concern. They can only go so far without him.
9. Baltimore Ravens -- Two games vs. Pittsburgh in three weeks could decide AFC North.
10. New Orleans Saints -- If defense can hold up, the offense could carry Saints to playoffs.
11. New York Giants -- Plenty to fix during the bye. Eli Manning needs the break.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Greg Schiano has his young team looking like a playoff contender.
13. Seattle Seahawks -- A physical defense and a physical running game makes a good combo.
14. Indianapolis Colts -- A feel-good story that seems to be getting better every week.
15. Minnesota Vikings -- The incomparable Adrian Peterson is leading a surprising season.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- All is not lost. The Cowboys are very much in the NFC East picture.
17. Cincinnati Bengals -- A win over the Giants may be the spark that rejuvenates the Bengals.
18. San Diego Chargers -- Norv Turner sounds frustrated. Chargers fans are more frustrated.
19. Carolina Panthers -- The Panthers didn't expect to be playing for next season so soon.
20. Detroit Lions -- Their winless record (0-3) in NFC North makes playoff hopes bleak.
21. Washington Redskins -- After a bye week, Robert Griffin will try to halt three-game skid.
22. St. Louis Rams -- Maybe coach Jeff Fisher should make more players run the stairs.
23. Buffalo Bills -- Stevie Johnson is right -- this team needs victories, not moral victories.
24. Miami Dolphins -- With Reggie Bush struggling, the offense is struggling as well.
25. Philadelphia Eagles -- Looks like Nick Foles will get his chance to unseat Michael Vick.
26. Cleveland Browns -- Averaging 11.7 points in last three games. It's tough to win that way.
27. Arizona Cardinals -- Riding a five-game losing streak, and facing an angry Falcons team next.
28. Tennessee Titans -- Maybe owner Bud Adams should call out his employees every week.
29. New York Jets -- This team is a mess, no matter what Rex Ryan or anyone says.
30. Kansas City Chiefs -- Week after week, they make too many mistakes to win.
31. Oakland Raiders -- Defense has yielded more than 40 points the past two weeks.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Need to figure out if Blaine Gabbert is their guy for next season.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL